At Wainuiomata Intermediate School we seek to develop, within a safe and caring environment, the academic potential, social skills and personal talents of each student, with an emphasis on respect, responsibility, rigour and resilience.
Maths Together Workshop – Starts Wednesday 31st May, 6pm.
Maths Together Workshop 2016
Does your child need support with maths? Sign up for our Maths Together Workshops.
Our Maths workshops for parents, whanau and students last year were a great success and we received excellent feedback from those who attended.
If your child is finding Maths a challenge in class and you would like to support them in this area then please sign up for these workshops.
The purpose for these three workshops is:
* to support students with their learning of mathematics
* to help parents and whanau with their own understanding of mathematics if needed
* give parents and whanau ideas / resources to support their child at home
* build and strengthen relationships between students, school and home
Details of Workshops:
The first workshop is an introduction to mathematics at Level 4, Years 7&8. The two consecutive workshops will be tailored to the needs of the group.
Light refreshments will be provided and there will be a take-home component.
* Maths Together Workshop #1 – Wednesday 31 May
* Maths Together Workshop #2 – Wednesday 7 June
* Maths Together Workshop #3 – Wednesday 14 June
Students MUST have a parent, guardian or whanau member present with them at all workshops.
If you would like to register for the Maths Together Workshops then please respond to: