Our school is celebrating different cultures all week and the school has a lot of activities for students to participate and celebrate the diversity of cultures in our school. Our Cultural Concert is on Wednesday, 25 September and tickets are available from the school office at a cost of $3.00. There will be no door sales.
Here is the overview of what each day will look like:
- Merit Assembly 9.45am and the launch of our Cultural Week
- Classes learn a dance from another culture to be performed on Friday’s Assembly
- Classes work on a cultural board/wall display where they do art work, gather information and artifacts on a chosen culture on display in classrooms. This is an interclass competition for the Cultural Trophy, winner announced in Friday’s assembly.
- Normal Tech Day
- Pasifika Art Day – Students Pasifika Art to be added to their class display.
- Cultural Concert Matinee for students only during the day
- More art/ dance activities in class
- Cultural Concert evening for parents and whanau from 6.00pm – 8.00pm
- Food court opens at 5.00pm.
- Cultural Sports day – organised in Areas
- Investigate recipes from other cultures and organise food for individual class shared lunches on Friday.
- Cultural dress up day- students to dress up in their cultures or any other culture that represents our school community – Best class prize.
- Cultural Display judging – Winner takes the Cultural Trophy for the holidays
- Class shared cultural lunch – students to bring a cultural dish of their choice. Please help your child prepare a plate of food to share with their class. A cultural touch will be great.
- School Assembly – end of term.