All our facilities and resources, academic, sporting or for social skills building, are age-specific, and support the learning, development and interests of pre-adolescents.
School facilities include: school gym, fitness adventure playground, digital technologies, a fully-equipped technology centre, an amazing Library, and starting next year, state of the art modern learning environments in the form of new classrooms!
- Modern and well-equipped, the exciting learning hub of the school.
- Resources and books especially for Intermediate-aged students.
- $5000 a year spent on books specifically to support learning for this age group.
- Excellent place for research and study for Inquiry Learning.
- Jam-packed with the best in literature for young minds.
The School Marae
- Used for teaching Tikanga Māori: culture and protocol.
- All new students and staff are welcomed onto the marae at the start of the year.
- A variable teaching and learning space and meeting room for everyone.
- A huge all-weather indoor sports facility for our students.
- Well-equipped for sports and physical education.
ICT & Digital Learning
- Computer Suite
- Netbooks and Chromebooks in classrooms.
- Interwrite Electronic Whiteboards in all classrooms.
- Oticon to assist hearing in classrooms.
- Set-up in 2011 as a special classroom for students with learning difficulties.
- Hands-on learning centre run by a part-time teacher and a teacher-aide.
The school also has a canteen serving healthy lunches.
- Canteen is open Wednesdays and Fridays only. All orders by 9am.
J.Mac (Jean MacArthy Centre)
- A variable teaching/learning space
- Used for dance, drama, Student Council meetings, Chess Club, exam room and as a professional development and meeting centre for teachers.
- Our 10-seater van provides transport for students to sporting and cultural activities.
- This is a special space for students to relax in and have a bit of time out if things are getting too much for them in the playground or even in class at times.
- It is a well-resourced, supervised, safe space for all students who want to use it.