Respect, Responsibility and Rigour
Vision & Values
Striving for Excellence
- For ourselves & others
- For our environment
- For our behaviour
- For our learning & achievement
- Having high expectations of ourselves
- Seeking to excel and doing our best
We will develop, within a safe and caring environment, our academic potential, social skills and personal talents through
respect, responsibility and rigour.
- High expectations – Support and empower all students to learn and achieve personal excellence.
- Treaty of Waitangi – Acknowledge the principles of the Treaty of Waitangi and biculturalism.
- Cultural diversity – Reflect New Zealand’s cultural diversity and value the culture, language and traditions of all students.
- Inclusion – Recognize and affirm all students’ identities, languages, abilities, and talents and meet their learning needs.
- Learning to learn – Encourage all students to reflect on their own learning and to learn how to learn.
- Community engagement – Connect with and engage the support of families, whānau, and communities.
- Coherence – Offer a broad, connected curriculum which provides coherent transitions and pathways to further learning.
- Future focus -Encourage students to look to the future by exploring issues such as sustainability, citizenship, enterprise, and globalisation.